Hi, New Friend!
Thank you for stopping by! I’m so glad you’re here!
I wanted to take this time and space to tell you who I am and why I started this blog.
A few years ago, I came to a place in my life where I desperately needed the answers to the most important questions:
- Who am I?
- Why am I here?
I started asking these questions during a time in my life when I felt like I was defining myself by my career and when I realized this, it was time to take a step back because I knew there had to be more. Sure, I was doing what I wanted to do but what did God create me to do? I desperately needed to know that. I needed to know if what I was putting all of my time and energy into aligned with the purpose that my life was created for. At this point, I was questioning everything, even my faith.
So, in 2014, I jumped ship. I had attempted to jump ship beginning in 2012, but those attempts looked more like me straddling the rail, peeking over at the water, terrified of letting go. But finally, I jumped. I abandoned the pursuit of my career and hid out in the wilderness (like the Israelites, but with running water, electricity, and the Internet). Of course, it was tough in the beginning because all I could think about was the fact that I had literally just walked away from every part of my life that I was building in order to “find myself.” With my full cooperation and surrender, however, God put me in a place where he could unravel and break down every single area of my existence, (what I thought I knew or wanted) in order to show me the life that He created me to live. And believe me, God is telling the truth when he says, “I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten…” (Joel 2:25)- I went from feeling like I had thrown everything away, to feeling like I had a brand new life, filled with new opportunities and endless possibilities! God showed me that he does have a plan for my life and it goes so far beyond a chosen profession.
With all of that being said, I created this blog because I know there are other people who have been or are currently in this place in their lives. Today more than ever, there are daily attacks on our identity, self-worth, and most of all, our goals and dreams. But one thing you all need to know is, the same God who loved and comforted me through these times of uncertainty wants to do the same for you. I pray that through reading about my thoughts and experiences, you can grow, be inspired, and laugh along with me.
In addition to my brief testimony, here are a few little facts about me that you may find helpful. They are quite random but can come in handy if you want to send me presents:
- I’m a Writer/Ghostwriter, trained actress and as of 2015, I dabble in a bit of stand-up comedy.
- I’m passionate about self-awareness BUT, not self-awareness as in finding your most beneficial lighting angles for a stunning selfie. Self-awareness as in, introspection and individual responsibility, which ultimately leads to self-growth and positive contributions to our society.
- I have a deep love for red wine (Malbec 1st, Cabernet 2nd)
- I crave salty foods over sweets and sometimes I like potato chips for breakfast…don’t judge me.
- I’m a small town, country girl who has lived in America’s 2 largest cities and realized I’m a true suburban girl at heart.
- My mother keeps asking me for a Son-in-law and Grandchildren. If you know of any available, please mail them to her.
That’s about it. I hope that you find my posts helpful and that you come back often!