Hi, New Friend!
Thank you for stopping by! I’m so glad you’re here!
I wanted to take this time and space to tell you who I am and why I started this blog.
At some point in our lives we come to a place where we desperately need the answers to the most important questions:
- Who am I?
- Why am I here?
I started asking all of these questions during a time when I felt like I was defining myself by my career and when I realized this, I decided it was time to take a step back because I knew there had to be more. Sure, I was doing what I wanted to do but what did God create me to do? I desperately needed to know that. I needed to know if what I was putting all of my time and energy into aligned with the purpose that my life was created for. At this point in my life, I was questioning every single aspect of it, especially my faith.
So, in 2014, I jumped ship. I had attempted to jump ship beginning in 2012, but those attempts looked more like me straddling the rail, peeking over at the water, and climbing back on board ( I’m envisioning a cruise ship. Stay with me…).
I abandoned the pursuit of my career, broke off an engagement, and hid out in the wilderness (like the Israelites, but with running water, electricity, and the Internet) so that I could eat, pray, and love…on a stringent budget. Of course, it was tough in the beginning but with my full cooperation and surrender, God put me in a place where he could unravel and break down every single area of my existence, (what I thought I knew or wanted) in order to show me the life that He created me to live. And believe me, God is telling the truth when he says, “I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten…” (Joel 2:25)- I went from feeling like I had thrown everything away, to feeling like I had a brand new life, filled with new opportunities and endless possibilities!
With all of that being said, this blog is about my journey (that is still in progress and will be until the day I die, mind you), the thoughts, epiphanies, and downloads I receive during the quiet times I spend with God. Time that I’m proud to say, I can’t do without. I dedicate this to all of the people on a mission, who may be asking those deep, profound questions about life, and feel like they have no clue of how to even begin to find the answers. It’s for people who are looking to pick up the scattered puzzle pieces of life, determined to find that one missing piece that’s probably buried deep in or under the couch (of course that’s a metaphor but I know you get it). This life is one in which I’m constantly growing, learning, and failing, but through it all, knowing I am being backed and protected through EVERYTHING because the One who created me is leading the way.
In addition to my testimony, here are a few little facts about me that you may find helpful. They are quite random but can come in handy if you want to send me presents:
- I’m a Writer/Ghostwriter, trained actress and as of 2015, I dabble in a bit of stand-up comedy.
- I’m passionate about self-awareness BUT, not self-awareness as in finding your most beneficial lighting angles for a stunning selfie. Self-awareness as in, introspection and individual responsibility, which ultimately leads to self-growth and positive contributions to our society.
- I have a deep love for red wine (Malbec 1st, Cabernet 2nd)
- I crave salty foods over sweets and sometimes I like potato chips for breakfast…don’t judge me.
- I’m a small town, country girl who has lived in America’s 2 largest cities and realized I’m a true suburban girl at heart.
- My mother keeps asking me for a Son-in-law and Grandchildren. If you know of any available, please mail them to her.
That’s about it. I hope that you find my posts helpful and that you come back often!